I've been thinking about this for a while. What in the world do you put in a baby's Easter basket? Certainly all of the things you remember as a child in your basket like CANDY won't do. It's not like we can leave a trail of...milk! Some may say babies don't need an Easter basket. "They won't remember it". Maybe. But I just KNOW that the kind of parents we choose to be now, the kind of memories we make now, and the kind of experience we want her to have now MATTERS. She's our baby girl and she's getting an Easter basket. We'll pray with her and still talk to her like we always do and tell her the importance of Jesus. And as she gets older we'll do our part to make sure she understands the importance of this holiday.
So since I have been planning this for a while, I thought I would share so just in case you need last minute ideas for a baby girl's first Easter basket here they are! The essentials that I think are practical and adorable all at the same time! (Works for a boy too if you just change up a couple things!)
1. Books. Always books. And books about bunnies, obviously.
2. A super soft JellyCat stuffed animal. Because they're the best.
3. Her Easter outfit! Because you know you're already buying one and why not?!
4. A set of name blocks.
5. Hair bows or headbands. Here and here are my faves.
6. A soft ducky rattle.
7. Tubby Todd because E gets a spa treatment every night.
8. Easter shoes. Here are Everley's. all the heart eyes.
9. A set of baby bracelets from Juneau Luxe.
10. A bottle of gentle baby. Because a happy mama is a happy baby.
The basket itself I thought would be fun to paint. I found a plain white one at target and painted it and then added some cute little tassels that I found in the Target dollar section. And a trail of wooden eggs that baby can play with and enjoy as a keepsake later on. I painted them with water based paint and coated mine with cutting board oil. See more photos of these DIY's here.